According to an exclusive report by Darren Rovell on the Action Network. The XFL could offer 2019 NFL rookies bonuses worth up to $100,000 to lure them away from the NFL.
All this has taken place during a presentation made by the XFL to NFL agents during the NFL Combine on Thursday night.
Some notes from the Meeting;
- XFL can offer high-profile players commitment bonuses if they are willing to give up playing in the 2019 NFL season
- XFL is willing to spend money to induce first-year players to skip the 2019 NFL season to prepare for the XFL.
- The league could target fringe players, who aren’t drafted and are being offered small free agent signing bonuses.
- The league could also offer higher bonuses to players cut in preseason camp or at the final cutdown.
- XFL wants its franchise quarterbacks locked in for its eight teams before the NFL season
- Players will be offered up to three-year contracts
- XFL players can negotiate outs in their contracts to play on an NFL team
- The XFL will have a roster of 45 players. With four salary levels.
Tier I Player: 1 slot per team (most of the time will be a QB). Will make at least $250,000 per season.
Tier II Player: 3 slots per team
Tier III Player: 23 slots per team
Tier IV Player: 18 slots per team
Player contracts and talent scouting are coming into place for the XFL. Stay with XFL News Hub for the latest player news as it happens.
XFL Week 3 Picks / Score Predictions From XFL News Hub Editor Mark Perry
/ 2 days ago
Houston To Host 2020 XFL Championship Game, XFL’s Team Nine Signs CFL All-Star OT...