The Chicago Bears (NFL) announced five coaches as part of the NFL’s Bill Walsh Diversity Coaching Fellowship. These coaches will join head coach Matt Nagy’s staff for training camp. This program is in its 32nd year.
The program’s objective is to use NFL camps to give coaches opportunities to observe, participate, gain experience, and ultimately gain a full-time NFL coaching position. The five coaches are;
- Satyen Bhakta a defensive line coach a Cornell University (NCAA).
- Stan Clayton an offensive line at Stetson University (NCAA).
- Osagie Osunde a running backs coach at West Chester University (NCAA)
- Napoleon Sykes, an outside linebackers coach for XFL Washington.
- Chris Thompson, a tight ends coach for XFL New York.
Sykes is the operations analyst and outside linebackers coach for the Washington XFL under head coach Pep Hamilton. Most recently he was the outside linebackers coach for the United States Naval Academy from 2016 to 2018.
Thompson is the manager of football operations for XFL new York. Most recently he worked as the director of football operations for the Atlanta Legends (AAF). His background had been in Arena football leagues. He served as offensive coordinator and director of football operations for the Albany Empire (AFL) in 2018.
XFL Teases Team Logos
/ 6 days ago
Our interview with former New York Hitman Butler B’ynote’, More Details On The XFL...