After a successful and eventful Week 1 of the XFL, the DFS world was able to regroup and reassess heading into Week 2. With some surprise contributors and well-known names flopping, we had a better idea of where to shoot heading into the second week.
DraftKings, a part of the twin towers of the DFS world with Fanduel, has a weekly set of contests for the new league including an impressive $10 Entry, $350,000 prize pool contest with a $100,000 top prize.
With the countless variables including the new extra-point rules, speed of the game and relatively unknown depth charts – XFL DFS is off to a puzzling start. For your lineup, you are able to utilize a 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR and 2 FLEX (RB/WR/TE) as well as a DST. This is a departure from the typical NFL lineup construction which includes 1 QB, 2RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX and 1 DST.
With a clearer idea of the 8-teams rosters and game plans, higher ownership aligned fairly with those who succeeded with some expected outliers including Cameron Artis-Payne. CAP was owned in 43% of lineups in Week 1 but only had 6.3 DK points. He made quick work of bouncing back with a 31.1 DK pts performance with only 6.27% ownership.
🚨#XFL Week 2 #DraftKings Ownership/Performance Review🚨— Alex McKinnon (@AlexMcKinnonXFL) February 17, 2020
In order of ownership, here are all of the XFL players who received ownership or earned points in Week 2. Some Studs: CAP, D. Thompkins, Ta'amu / Duds: Coates, Williams, Proehl#DFS #XFLDFS via @Draft_Manager/@XFLNewsHub pic.twitter.com/uFi079c2Ii
- The highest owned wide receiver and overall player at 47.84%, Nelson Spruce, proved his ownership warranted with 26.9 DK pts, 2nd highest among receivers 4th highest overall.
- The PJ Walker (36.49% owned) and Cam Phillips (32.68% owned) connection was by far the best on the slate with a combined 54.8 DK pts.
- On the flip side of the Roughnecks aerial attack, wide receiver Sammie Coates was owned in 30.01% of lineups but only had 1.8 DK pts!
- Running backs struggled again this weekend with only three backs (Lance Dunbar, Cameron Artis-Payne and Matt Jones) eclipsing 12 DK points.
- Fantasy darling of Week 1 (19 DK pts on 0.01% ownership) flew up the ownership charts this week landing 5th overall at 24.07%. He wasn’t a total flop, but 10.5 pts is not what you expect at that ownership.
- Some other major flops include Dan Williams (21.82%, 5.2 pts), Joe Horn (19.24%, 1.6), Flynn Nagel (19.09%, 3.3), Austin Proehl (18.28%, 0.9) and Jalen Tolliver (12.12%, 3.3).
- Five players who came in at under 7% ownership reached 18 or more DK points; Donald Parham (6.37%, 18.6), Cameron Artis-Payne (6.27%, 31.3), Keenan Reynolds (5.56%, 19.7), Josh Johnson (5.51%, 18.14) and Deandre Thompkins (3.86%, 21.7).
- Starting QBs Matt McGloin, Brandon Silvers and the combination of Quinton Flowers/Taylor Cornelius all came in under 4% ownership and clearly the DFS world was on to something. All 4 QBs combined for a total of 13.78 DK points including a stellar -0.24 pt performance by Matt McGloin.
- Thru two weeks, only 4 players have gotten 30 or more points and no one has had more than 32.3 DK points. There has also only been one player over 50% ownership (Sammie Coates, 51%) despite the small field of play.
For more daily DFS content and news, follow me at @AlexMcKinnonXFL
The Spring League Oct-Nov Season Details, Team Names And Logos
/ 6 days ago
Taylor Springer talks with LA Wildcat Dwayne Wallace about his experience in the XFL...