To PJ or not to PJ? It is the weekly question every XFL DFS player now faces as they seek to construct the perfect lineup. On one hand, PJ Walker has been absolute fire through the first half of the season, is the leading candidate for XFL MVP, and leads the league in completions (92), passing attempts (146), passing yards (987) and in touchdowns (12). He’s been unstoppable and has passed for at least 2 touchdowns in each game this season.
He is your safe floor bet for week 5. Problem is that his performance has not gone unnoticed, as Walker was rostered in 50.4% of FanDuel tournaments I entered last week, slightly down from 57.3% in week 3. Below I will make a case for going all-in on PJ and also argue that there might be a case for fading Walker, and along with him, half of the field.
PJ Walker for $2000 Alex
- Answer: Who averages the most FanDuel points per game in the XFL with 28.72?
- Answer: Who has the highest points per dollar value at $1.25 PPD?
- Answer: Who has rushed for over 100 yards and a rush TD?
- Answer: Whose next opponent (SEA) ranks 7th out of 8 against the pass, having given up 905 passing yards this season. Offenses have been passing all over them averaging 226.2 yards per game and 337.5 total yards of offense a game. Houston is favored by 13. Giddy up!
- Answer: Who are you building your week 5 lineup around?
The Case for Josh Johnson
- Solid floor play this week, averaging a steady 21.75 FanDuel points per game through the last 3 weeks.
- Johnson averages 33 attempts per game and has a breakout WR in Tre McBride who has gone off the last two games for 13 receptions on 18 targets for 236 yards and 18.2 yards per catch with 3 touchdowns.
- Johnson’s points per dollar is second to only Walker, at 1.04 PPD.
- No Spruce to unloose (that’s a word right?) in week 5.
- Tampa Bay’s secondary had been stingy this season, giving up a league-low 156.8 per game passing.
Your Honor, I call BJ Daniels to the Stand
- Scored 16.6 points in one half of football after replacing Brandon Silvers in the second half of the Seattle Dragons 23-16 loss to the STL BattleHawks in week 4.
- Daniels stiff-armed his way through an unsuspecting STL BattleHawks defense, rushing for 84 yards, averaging 12 yards per carry in week 4. If Jim Zorn is a real football head coach (which I’m not totally convinced of just yet) we see more RPOs from Daniels in week 5.
- Seattle is a 13 point road dog in their week 5 match-up with the Houston Roughnecks. They will be trailing and there will be an opportunity for Daniels to outpace his 0.99 PPD. I would not be surprised if Daniels picks up both a passing and rushing touchdown in week 5.
- $17 FanDuel price lets you play him naked and load up on more high-end WRs to fill out those less than chalky line-up.
9/14 Officially Begins Garcia, Johnson, RedBird Capital XFL Regime
/ 6 days ago
Monday Officially Begins Garcia, Johnson, RedBird Capital XFL Regime, Who Could Be The Next...